The story behind our commitment
- FiiZK is a Norwegian manufacturer of technical textiles in plastic – approximately 800,000 m2 of lice skirt is produced annually.
- 150,000 tonnes of plastic is used in the Norwegian Aquaculture industry, where about 40,000 tonnes are disposed annually.
- SINTEF Report 2017 “Material flows in the aquaculture industry”
- Increasing focus on recycling and the environment
- Current solutions for recycling in Norway and Europe are not adequate for a “blue” economy
- The Environment Agency have highlighted the producers’ responsibility for commitment to recycling of plastics
- UN sustainability goals require a measurable recovery rate
FiiZK are focusing on robust downstream solutions and circular economy.
- FROM DISPOSE & COMBUSTION TO RECYCLING & MATERIAL RECYCLING
- RETURN VALUE ON MATERIALS (Lead, Steel, Road tarpaulin)
- 100% MATERIAL RECOVERY (not incineration or landfill)
- NO EXPORT OF UNPROCESSED MATERIALS
- GOAL OF REACHING 65% RECYCLING BY 2020
- MECHANICAL RECYCLING – RECYCLATES CAN BE CONVERTED INTO NEW PRODUCTS