Increasing the focus on recycling and the environment!
The story behind our commitment
- FiiZK is a Norwegian manufacturer of technical textiles in plastic, approximately 800,000 sqm of lace skirt annually.
- 150,000 tonnes of plastic in the Norwegian Aquaculture, where about 40,000 tonnes are disposed annually.
- SINTEF Report 2017, “Material flows in the aquaculture industry”
- Increasing focus on recycling and the environment
- Current solutions for recycling in Norway and Europe provides the environmental negative impacts
- Signals about new requirements from the Environment Agency, producer responsibility
- UN sustainability goals with measurable recovery rate
FiiZK are focusing on good downstream solutions and circular economy.
- FROM DEPONY & COMBUSTION TO RECYCLING & MATERIAL RECYCLING
- USE OF MATERIAL 1 PRIORITY = RETURN VALUE (Lead, Steel, Road tarpaulin)
- 100% MATERIAL RECOVERY (not incineration or landfill)
- NO EXPORT OF UNPROCESSED MATERIALS
- GOAL OF REACHING 65% RECYCLING BY 2020
- ALL PROFIT MATERIAL FOR MECHANICAL RECOVERY